The church cemetery of approximately 100 burials is well maintained and is an active cemetery. The church congregation originally met in the Vale School house. In 1894 Thomas Clarke donated property for the church. Members donated labor and materials to construct the building that was dedicated in 1896. The family names in the cemetery represent well-known names and places from the Oakton community.
There are several veterans buried in the cemetery. At least four of them are Civil War veterans. One may read biographical information about James N. Gunnell and John Frankin Saunders in the Civil War Honor roll. From the data base, one can learn military service information about J.L.R. Burleigh and Deskin Monroe.